Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3637) New Nation: Phoenicia

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3637) New Nation: Phoenicia
From: "DHerding@xxxxxx" <DHerding@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 01:46:44 -0800

[miguel@xxxxx - Fri Mar  7 01:07:19 2003]:

> I have some reservations about this ruleset:
>
> Cities:
>
> I'm not sure, but "Caesarea" sounds like a roman city to me...

You're right, Caesarea was the Roman name of a city that was founded
by Phoenicians.

I can only find the Greek name "Stratonos Pyrgos" (Straton's tower) of
this city, if nobody knows its Phoenician name, I'll replace
"Caesarea" with "Stratonos Pyrgos".

> Malaca (today's Málaga), AFAIR, wasn't founded by phoenicians.

http://www.bartleby.com/61/42/M0054200.html

Or do a google search on malaga "founded by"

> Sexi (today's Almuñécar) was founded by greeks.

http://www.almunecar.com/Visitors_Guide/Introduction_to_the_Area.html
(the yellow box)

Or google for almuñécar "founded by"

> Tartessos was an indigenous city in Iberia - it wasn't founded neither
> by phoenicians, greeks nor romans.

OK, you're right about that one.

Thx for the feedback

Daniel