Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2187) Segmentation Fault on City Popup

To: alexandre.enkerli@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Croft <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2187) Segmentation Fault on City Popup
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 23:03:42 -0800

[jdorje - Wed Mar  5 06:57:29 2003]:

It is unlikely that 2187 is because of a bug in apple's gcc.  Far more
likely it is a freeciv bug that just doesn't turn up most of the time.

You can try compiling with -O or -O3 instead of the default -O2.
Something like

  env CFLAGS="-g -O" ./configure

should do it.

Aside from that the only thing I can really recommend is to get a
different client to work.  The XAW client is largely unmaintained, and
none of the maintainers are likely to go hunting for this bug (although
you are quite welcome to do so).

Actually, you could also try applying the patch from PR#2873, although I
doubt that has anything to do with it.

jason