[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2789) Units sometimes remain displayed in fog of w

To: kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2789) Units sometimes remain displayed in fog of war
From: "Raimar Falke" <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 00:52:35 -0800

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 12:23:41AM -0800, Jason Short via RT wrote:
> As a side note, this is the kind of bug we will see more of with
> delta-style packets.  Because the original information doesn't get
> resent, there is no way for the client to correct any mistakes it may
> have made in the meantime.

If we speak about info packets (unit_info, tile_info, ...) that it is
correct that the sender will not sent packets which doesn't provide
new information. _The client has to cope with this_. However for
non-info packets (chat_msg, game_state, combat_info, bribe_info,
nuke_tile,...) the sender isn't allowed to discard packets even if the
packet doesn't change content.

Do you mean: the client overwrites fields of a certain unit and than
doesn't get "fast enough" a refresh for the server because the server
discarded the packet? If yes that I think this is good since it
allowes us the find the overwrite bug.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "How about the new language C&? No, that's not 'c ampersand', 'c reference',