[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2941) RFC: canvas_put_sprite

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2941) RFC: canvas_put_sprite
From: "Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:04:15 -0800

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, esr@xxxxxxxxxxx via RT wrote:

> Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa via RT <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Actually you are wrong. Freeciv is a twitch game. Try playing a
> > multiplayer game on Pubserver and you will see what I mean when you get
> > to combat.
> > Players do not play in order; all players execute their turns at the same
> > time and player actions are reflected immediatly.
>
> You mean the "End Turn" button is a no-op in multiplayer?  How odd!

It is not a no-op. And play is always like this, it is just that you don't
usually notice it when playing against the AI.

All users execute their turns at the same time. The unit moves, etc, are
reflected immediatly. When they finish their actions they press "End Turn".
After all players have pressed "End Turn" the year changes, the cities
update and the unit moves are refreshed.

Try playing for a while in multiplayer to see what I mean.

---