Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2374) multi-language client-server patch

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2374) multi-language client-server patch
From: "mateusz stefek via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 23:02:53 -0800

> Could you also add comments for every meta-sequence (% sequence)
> explaining why they are needed (i.e. why the same behaviour could not
> be
> done without them)?  I suspect for a number of them we will find it is
>
> possible (and if I'm wrong, I want to know why - it is not immediately
>
> obvious and should be commented).
>
> jason

Ok, I left only these which are obvious, and U - for units.
For further extensions (I.e declination, plural forms)
declination = german "Deklination" (my dictionary is poor)

Please comment below if you have any question:

   s - the string which will be translated
   S - the string which will stay unchanged
   U - unit type (the argument is Unit_Type_id) which will be
replaced with its translated name.
   L - There are 2 arg: (x, y) which
       will be replaced with       get_location_str_in(x, y)
   A - There are 2 arg: (x, y) which
       will be replaced with       get_location_str_at(x, y)
   P - There are 3 args (string1, string2, int n) which
       will be replaced with PL_(string1, string2, n)
       This is a recursive directive.
   M - the Nation_Type_id, which will be replaced with get_nation_name
   N - the Nation_Type_id, which will be replaced with
get_nation_name_plural
       N & M can be used interchangeably by translator
   I - struct fims_impr, which you can get from get_fims_impr()
       This "sends" get_impr_name_ex() to the client
   X - future_tech_no & Tech_type_id will be replaced with
get_tech_name() or       "Future Tech. %d"
   Y - year will be replaced with textyear()
   F - flag, will be replaced with get_units_with_flag_string
   % - for '%'

--
mateusz