Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2374) multi-language client-server patch

To: matusik_s@xxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2374) multi-language client-server patch
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 23:52:07 -0800

mateusz stefek via RT wrote:
> Dnia 2003.01.21 05:50 Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa via RT napisa³(a):
>
>>Here is the patch so it will not fall into oblivion.
>>

> There's a new version in incoming.
> Changes:
> - '^' changed into '%'
> - I use uppercase letters for format specifiers
> - Everything is now fims'ed
> - Changed the behavior of %J (%i)
> - some bugs fixed

Excellent...

Could you also add comments for every meta-sequence (% sequence)
explaining why they are needed (i.e. why the same behaviour could not be
done without them)?  I suspect for a number of them we will find it is
possible (and if I'm wrong, I want to know why - it is not immediately
obvious and should be commented).

jason