Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#1824) ruleset data is in incompatible charsets

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jrg45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kenn.Munro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jlangley@xxxxxxx, mrproper@xxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#1824) ruleset data is in incompatible charsets
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:07:24 -0800

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 01:57:37AM -0800, Raimar Falke via RT wrote:
> utf-16 or ucs-4. See also http://czyborra.com/utf/ for an overview.

And another source:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html. Because of
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/examples/UTF-8-demo.txt I know know
that I have fonts for Greek, Thai, Georgian, Russian and Braille on my
system installed. Not to forget the some Runes. Impressive.

I think that Redhat did a good think using utf-8 as default in the new
distribution. While it may have problems at least these problems are
discovered and hopefully fixed in 8.1.

        Raimar, waiting for 8.1

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Despite all the medical advances of the 20th century, the mortality