[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2415) AI only autoattack patch

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2415) AI only autoattack patch
From: "ChrisK@xxxxxxxx via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 13:34:35 -0800

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 07:46:12PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 02:39:11PM -0800, Per I. Mathisen via RT wrote:
> >
> > This patch gives only the AI access to autoattack.
>
> After the AI autoattack shots down a cruiser of mine, and <return>,
> the connection between client and server broke. The server did this
> silently (with debug 1), the client issued the usual message. No
> crash. Not reproducible.

Here are some more. I have not tested without your patch.

I got:

2: cut connection chris von localhost (Spieler Barbarossa) due to lagging
player
2: Verbindung verloren: chris von localhost (Spieler Barbarossa).

at the moment when I activated a phalanx inside a city.
---------

Funny: an enemy musketeer in front of my city, which is defended
by a musketeer (veteran, forest, river), too. When I move a diplomat
into my city, the musketeer attacks. He didn't had a chance.
---------

Silly: a fortified musketeer in front of enemy city gets attacked
by a musketeer inside that city, when I move a diplomat on the tile
where my musketeer stands. My musketeer wins (computable) and the city
is empty after that.
--------

Another:

2: cut connection chris von localhost (Spieler Barbarossa) due to lagging
player
2: Verbindung verloren: chris von localhost (Spieler Barbarossa).

on turn done.
--------

Ironclad has 4 1/3 moves:

login as chris in attached savegame
press space on any non-ironclad-unit
move ironclad near Shchem north 4 tiles
move other ironclad ne 4 tiles
--->
first ironclad blinks again and shows 1/3 move

I don't file like making a proper bug report for each.
If you think it is necessary, tell me.
The lags are not reproducible.

Christian

--