[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2333) Add function die()

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2333) Add function die()
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 23:29:11 -0800

[rfalke - Sun Dec  8 10:33:07 2002]:

> An updated version is attached. I removed all cases which are
> user-controlled. So a user shouldn't able to cause a die if he
> supplied the wrong parameter, has a wrong installation or an invalid
> ruleset. If however a program error occurs, or the user changed a
> savegame the function will be called.

One question: what about translation?

Choices:

- Translate all messages.
- Translate no message.
- Translate some messages.

Currently #3 is used, but IMO the way this is done is arbitrary.  I
think either #1 or #2 is acceptable.

One thing we could do is make die() auto-translate, just like _().  This
is easier than #1, but is a hack.

jason