[Freeciv-Dev] ICS and corruption (waste)

To: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] ICS and corruption (waste)
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 12:32:14 +0000 (GMT)

In some recent emails I felt a sentiment that corruption increasing with
distance from the capital can help battle ICS.

I think it is very wrong.  Non-ICS strategy involves building cities a
decent distance from each other, so they all have enough resources to
sustain a large population.  ICS strategy involves packing cities as close
to each other as possible, which in particular reduces the effects of
corruption.

So corruption (and waste) help making ICS more profitable.

Here comes a proposal: for corruption calculation, take "distance to
capital" to be number of the city in the list ordered by the real
distance.  Example:
capital A,
distances:
        B to A  5
        C to A  7
        D to A  4
        E to A  10
Then "corruption distance" of B is 2, of C is 3, of D is 1 and of E is 4.

I am not saying this idea is very good, but it is maybe worth considering.

G.