[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2499) Suggestion: Borders

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2499) Suggestion: Borders
From: "Ben Webb via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 03:48:19 -0800

See the FreecivAC (http://freecivac.sf.net/) borders patch, PR#1870.

> You migth vary the distance with technolegy level; there were no
> borders in the stone age(distance 0), but more advanced civs' borders
> extends longer from their cities.

Currently borders extend a fixed distance from cities, but there's no
reason why you can't do what you suggest. This sounds rather like the
Civ3 cultural effect of cities.

> The borders could also extend sligthly into the sea.

FreecivAC borders do just this, just like SMAC borders do.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
        - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle