[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2496) acces to sprite hash_table outside tilespec.c

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2496) acces to sprite hash_table outside tilespec.c
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:34:02 -0800

[bursig@xxxxxxxxx - Thu Dec  5 22:56:42 2002]:

> Patch add acces to sprite hash table outside tilespec. This is used in
> SDLClient to load GUITheme/City Icon from specfiles.

In my opinion any code that needs to access the sprite hash outside of
tilespec.c needs to be rethought.  Tileset data should all be loaded by
the tilespec code and visible to all clients.  Having custom code for
each client to load its own special tileset extensions will only lead to
bigger problems later.

Is there something I'm missing?

jason