[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2466) Display of city revolt state deferred

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2466) Display of city revolt state deferred
From: "ChrisK@xxxxxxxx via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:23:00 -0800

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 04:41:27AM -0800, Reinier Post via RT wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 10:35:59AM -0800, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx via RT wrote:
>
> > This is not quite true. The display for other players is updated at
> > beginning of the turn, so they get to know anyway. And I don't see
> > how they could take advantage of that information. But ok, they
> > don't _need_ to know (before next turn).
>
> My diplomats post nearby enemy cities, waiting for them to be in turmoil
> so they are cheaper to bribe.

Question: the turmoil state as a factor for bribe cost is determined
(1) at turn change or (2) real time? I guess (1). That means: if a city
is in turmoil at beginning of turn, the bribe costs are low for that turn,
no matter whether turmoil is (still) indicated on the map, for the city.

So the only thing the enemy gets to know is, that the user has resolved
the actual problem with the city, affecting the _next_ turn.

I think, for clarity, the display of turmoil should be the same for all
players (think for allies ...). But I agree that it is not a big problem.

> Reinier

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/