[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2466) Display of city revolt state deferred

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2466) Display of city revolt state deferred
From: "ChrisK@xxxxxxxx via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:35:59 -0800

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 10:26:27AM -0800, Per I. Mathisen via RT wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Guest via RT wrote:
> > 1.14beta CVS 01 DEC 2002 Gtk 1.2
> >
> > If an enemy city is in revolt, and the revolt is finished by
> > activating the CMA for that city, this is displayed for the
> > city owner, but not for the enemy.
>
> AFAIK this isn't a bug but a feature. The enemy only gets to know about
> cities that start out in revolt, but as you fix them, he is not told.

Yes, if you look at it this way, you may be right.

> This makes sense - otherwise players would benefit from postponing such
> changes to end of turn and only then send them to the server to avoid
> other players from taking advantage of the information.

This is not quite true. The display for other players is updated at
beginning of the turn, so they get to know anyway. And I don't see
how they could take advantage of that information. But ok, they
don't _need_ to know (before next turn).

>   - Per

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/