[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ 2 Style Waste: A RFC

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ 2 Style Waste: A RFC
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 21:43:43 -0800 (PST)

--- "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > New waste patch attached.
>
> Sorry, if we are to have waste as a separate mechanic along with
> corruption, then just having gov->waste_level won't be enough. All the
> gov->*corruption* parameters will have to be duplicated.

Per, are you sure on this? Do you really want me to duplicate all of the
corruption params?

By giving in on the gov->waste level issue, it is possible to have Civ 1
rulesets without waste, which is important for compat reasons. I really don't
want to duplicate *all* of the corruption options. I repeat, waste and
corruption seem to be duplicate concepts. They should go together in Freeciv as
they do in real life ; ).

In fact, I want to kill at least one existing corruption parameter that I do
not like at all.  corruption_modifier must die so better code can thrive.

Future patch once I figure out how much rounding off matters.

Raimar, I still haven't heard from you on the CMA asserts. Please fix the CMA
so I don't break it with my waste patch. I could do it, but you are more
familiar with the code, so less chance of bugs if you do it.

>   - Per

Aloha,
RK.

Although written many years ago, Lady Chatterley's Lover has just been
reissued by the Grove Press, and this pictorial account of the
day-to-day life of an English gamekeeper is full of considerable
interest to outdoor minded readers, as it contains many passages on
pheasant-raising, the apprehending of poachers, ways to control vermin,
and other chores and duties of the professional gamekeeper.
Unfortunately, one is obliged to wade through many pages of extraneous
material in order to discover and savour those sidelights on the
management of a midland shooting estate, and in this reviewer's opinion
the book cannot take the place of J. R. Miller's "Practical
Gamekeeping."
-- Ed Zern, "Field and Stream" (Nov. 1959)