[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Scripting in Freeciv

To: Daniel Doran <ddoran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Scripting in Freeciv
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:35:38 +0000

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 12:01:14AM -0700, Daniel Doran wrote:
> I was recently playing Sid Meier's AC and thinking that it would have
> been great to have the capability to write a script for a governer,
> instead of SMAC's four governers.  I started idlely (and grandiosely)
> thinking about writing a freeware version of SMAC myself

Then I suggest you look at http://freecivac.sf.net/ which adds various
SMAC-like features to Freeciv. It doesn't do anything more than
extremely basic scripting though (most of the work to date has involved
getting SMAC buildings and units to work, and implementing borders).

There was a patch to add Python scripting to Freeciv once upon a time.
No idea what the current status of this is though.

P.S. Fix your line wrapping.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."