[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2374) multi-language client-server patch

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2374) multi-language client-server patch
From: "mateusz stefek via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:21:29 -0800

> > See incoming/fims.tgz
> >
> > I've spent many hours writing and testing it, so have fun
>
> Have you looked at Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani@xxxxxxxxx> proposal
> from "Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:42:15 +0100" under the subject
> "[Freeciv-Dev] Client Side Translation"?

I didn't know about it.

> His proposal didn't need to change the format string. So why do you
> need it? In what ways is your system better?

I'm not sure, but the first version of his patch translates city and
players
names, so the new format is needed.
- My patch sends units, improvements, technology by it's id.
So the server doesn't need to remember translated form anymore
(It will be removed with old notify system)
- Support for plural forms
- get_location_str* is called on client side.

--
mateusz