[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2296) Allies 2

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2296) Allies 2
From: "Per I. Mathisen via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 05:19:13 -0800

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx via RT wrote:
> > BETA 1 Gtk 1.2
> >
> > When my ally attacks, the focus goes to that fight.
> > When we attack both, it is very difficult to play, because
> > the focus moves all the time.
> So: I really want an option:
>
> Focus follows foreign units not insight (of my units) on/off

This isn't just allies that attack, but any attack that you can see. You
can turn off auto center on combat (it defaults to off) to prevent this
behaviour. So what you are really asking for, is an option that you only
center on your own combats. In this case, the auto_center_on_combat option
should be made from a bool to an integer, with a drop-down menu list of
three choices:  Off, Own units, All units.

I guess the same should be done to auto_center_on_unit.

But this is getting complicated, and I'd rather skip it for stable.

  - Per