[Freeciv-Dev] nouja's removing annoying popups patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] nouja's removing annoying popups patch
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:45:09 +0000 (GMT)

This is an old patch from 1.12.x which Reinier wrote, and which I've
updated and intend to commit. It is very short, and the only bad thing
about it is that it adds two more options to an already crowded local
options dialog. But then, I think it is a mistake to have two tileset
choices there, and that we should remove the metaserver option until we
have a freely available metaserver. And we can always expand it to two
columns...

Oh, what the patch does? It makes the city name popup and the city dialog
popup when making new cities optional. (These features are also present in
Iuz's warclient, BTW, but I think this is a better/simpler way of
implementing it.)

  - Per