[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Jitterbug -> RT

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Jitterbug -> RT
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 18:26:48 +0100

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 05:43:41PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 05:03:20PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 04:48:30PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > >
> > > It seems to me that the email of a submitter does not show up on
> > > freeciv-dev. Is this intended?
> >
> > It shows up. Please just make a test. This is also true for
> > others. Play with it. As long as you don't spam RT with hundreds of
> > mails and tag the subject with "test" or similar this is ok. We just
> > move this to the trash folder with the other spam ;)

I read your question as "if a submitter submits something no email
posting is sent to freeciv-dev". You mean "email address" and not
"email posting"?!

> You mean the RT-originator header, or the sender name? Yes, it shows
> up, and maybe I can teach mutt to use it, but neither reply,
> group-reply, nor list-reply addresses the sender.

This was mentioned before and my opinion is that you should reply in
80-90% to RT and only in 10-20% to only the sender. In the latter case
you have to do the work by hand. We should use it and if it is a too
large problem we can change it anyway.

This is my opinion. Mike for example has another one ;)

> Also, I find the TO: undisclosed-recipients very confusing. Couldn't
> you rewrite that to Freeciv-Dev?

If freeciv-dev is the "To:" in the email that RT sends to freeciv-dev
than people would reply to both RT (From) and freeciv-dev (To).

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  reality.sys corrupt. Reboot Universe? (y,n,q)