[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Jitterbug -> RT

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Jitterbug -> RT
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 16:48:30 +0100

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 04:30:14PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 09:23:14AM -0600, Mike Kaufman wrote:

> > > Also with RT there is excuse to use ftp.freeciv.org/incoming since RT
> > > will accept attachments till 10mb. And remember than
> > > ftp.freeciv.org/incoming gets cleaned up at some points and than your
> > > nice patch is lost. Same for savegames which show a bug.
> >
> > wo up here. Don't be sending huge attachments to RT via email since they
> > will be CC'ed to freeciv-dev.
>
> And moderated away.
>
> > If you need to do this, go to the web interface and attach it to a
> > 'comment' which is not sent to the list.
>
> You can also comment via the email interface. Just change the "To:"
> from "rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" to "comment@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx". This way the
> mail will be added as a comment. A comment is like a reply
> (correspondence in RT speak) which isn't spread in this many ways. The
> current setup will forward all correspondence to freeciv-dev (or
> freeciv-ai for the ai queue) but nobody will be informed about new
> comments. You have to watch via the web-interface to catch them. But
> both are recorded. Everything clear ?! ;)

No. But let me state first, that RT is looking really good. And I was so
sceptical when I received these loads of test mails ;-)

It seems to me that the email of a submitter does not show up on
freeciv-dev. Is this intended? And then, on the web site, it is not
obviously where to send bug reports via mail. Ok, this is for the
webmasters. And when I reply on a bug report, whom shall I send it to?
RT, CC:ing the list?

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/