[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Jitterbug -> RT

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Jitterbug -> RT
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 17:03:20 +0100

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 04:48:30PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> No. But let me state first, that RT is looking really good. And I was so
> sceptical when I received these loads of test mails ;-)
>
> It seems to me that the email of a submitter does not show up on
> freeciv-dev. Is this intended?

It shows up. Please just make a test. This is also true for
others. Play with it. As long as you don't spam RT with hundreds of
mails and tag the subject with "test" or similar this is ok. We just
move this to the trash folder with the other spam ;)

The old address (bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) obviously ;) This is an alias
for rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

> Ok, this is for the webmasters.

> And when I reply on a bug report, whom shall I send it to?  RT,
> CC:ing the list?

HARD RULE: _either_ reply to RT (which is the default if you just
reply) _or_ (freeciv-dev and/or someone else (for example the posters
email)). If you send it to both (RT and freeciv-dev) freeciv-dev will
get two issues which we don't want. If you reply to freeciv-dev you
may want to include the requestor (RT speak) if you think he don't
read the list.

NOTE: that the from of emails which RT send to freeciv-dev looks like:

  From: "Raahul Kumar via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

So if you only read the beginning you may get the idea that you are
replying to Raahul directly. This isn't the case.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "How about the new language C&? No, that's not 'c ampersand', 'c reference',