[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2276) AI disband-happy

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2276) AI disband-happy
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:06:55 -0800

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Gregory Berkolaiko via RT wrote:

> It seems applicable to both branches.
>
> AI sometimes seems to get stuck in the build-disband cycle.  Sometimes
> even disbanding Chariots while building another Chariot.
>
> I had it on easy AI and about 6 nations on medium-sized map.

I am pretty sure the culprit is ai_spend_gold, the first block thereof.
Decision to disband is taken way too lightly there!  demanding that
ai.urgency is non-zero to keep a unit?!

It wouldn't be so bad if the other parts of the code didn't think that a
defender is needed and didn't request building another unit which is then
disbanded which is then wanted which is then disbanded...

And we don't need to run annotate to find who wrote this part of code
*wink*

G.