Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: More OpenVMS Client Build Problems....

To: nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: More OpenVMS Client Build Problems....
From: Robert Alan Byer <byer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:56:28 -0500

>I've cut the whole file, and left only the important part:
>
>struct  stat
>{
>__dev_t      st_dev;
>__ino_t      st_ino[3];
>__mode_t     st_mode;
>__nlink_t    st_nlink;
>__uid_t      st_uid;
>__gid_t      st_gid;
>
>__dev_t      st_rdev;
>__off_t      st_size;
>
>__time_t     st_atime;
>__time_t     st_mtime;
>__time_t     st_ctime;
>
>char         st_fab_rfm;
>char         st_fab_rat;
>char         st_fab_fsz;
>unsigned int st_fab_mrs;
>};
>
>Which come from this header file
>(in the OpenVMS system that I can access)
>SYS$COMMON:[DECC$LIB.REFERENCE.DECC$RTLDEF]STAT.H
>
>This, obviously is in conflict with the 'enum stat' definition.
>
>I don't know why stat.h is included, but I strongly suspect that
>unixio.h file inclusion is responsible of this.
>
>Could you please try the attached patch and say if this solve your
>issues?

Yep, that fixed the problem and it compiled just fine.

Now to get on with the rest of my testing and see what else I can break :}

 | Robert Alan Byer | byer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | ICQ #65926579 |
 | Send an E-mail request to obtain a copy of my PGP key.      |
 | "It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by |
 |  cans of cola the thoughts aquire speed, the hands acquire  |
 |  shakes, the shakes become a warning.  It is by caffeine    |
 |  alone I set my mind in motion."                            |