Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: More OpenVMS Client Build Problems....

To: nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: More OpenVMS Client Build Problems....
From: Robert Alan Byer <byer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:31:55 -0500

>Well. AFAIK, you need agents directory for gtk-client, at least.
>And moreover, agents are now deeply inside client core.

That's what I thought, time to modify the OpenVMS build script to include
this.

>Anyway, I would love to have the output of the preprocessor, to see what
>is wrong.
>
>on gcc the option is -E, but on OpenVMS, if I'm not wrong, the option is
>/PREPROCESS_ONLY[=eventual_filename]

Yep, that's right, I'll run that and post the output.

>And, moreover, on my machine, compilation inside client directory, show
>these includes:
>
>gcc -I. -I.. -I./include -I../common -I../intl -I./agents cityrepdata.c
>
>Can you make, also, a trial with this specific order of includes?
>/INCLUDE=(SYS$DISK:[-.client],SYS$DISK[-],SYS$DISK:[-.client.INCLUDE],
>SYS$DISK:[-.CLIENT.AGENTS],SYS$DISK:[-.COMMON]
>
>And return, also in this case, the preprocessor output?

Ya, changing around the include path was my next move and I'll get on those
after lunch :}

 | Robert Alan Byer | byer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | ICQ #65926579 |
 | Send an E-mail request to obtain a copy of my PGP key.      |
 | "It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by |
 |  cans of cola the thoughts aquire speed, the hands acquire  |
 |  shakes, the shakes become a warning.  It is by caffeine    |
 |  alone I set my mind in motion."                            |