Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problem Compiling Client Under OpenVMS With DEC

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problem Compiling Client Under OpenVMS With DEC C.
From: Robert Alan Byer <byer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:09:51 -0500

>>>What happens if you put those three lines in client/attribute.c, line 33
>>>(or somewhere below '#include "attribute.h"')?  If Mike's suspicion is
>>>correct (which I think it is), the #error directive should cause a
>>>compile error.
>>>
>>>If this is the problem, it should be easily fixed.
>>>

>> With the above three lines inserted at line 33 in
>> ../freeciv/client/attribute.c I get the following....
>
>Looks like the "check" doesn't work since the error is in the header
>files anyway.
>
>Well, even so it is almost certain Mike's right about the problem.
>
>Try the attached patch - a preliminary one for removing
>common/attribute.h.  Meanwhile I'll make a full patch.

Appears the patch is working,  I have to modify the OpenVMS build script
for the client audio files (which OpenVMS dosen't need, but is compiling
the files anyway because they are there in the client directory).

I'll know more later, but I THINK that solved the problem.

 | Robert Alan Byer | byer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | ICQ #65926579 |
 | Send an E-mail request to obtain a copy of my PGP key.      |
 | "It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by |
 |  cans of cola the thoughts aquire speed, the hands acquire  |
 |  shakes, the shakes become a warning.  It is by caffeine    |
 |  alone I set my mind in motion."                            |