Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problem Compiling Client Under OpenVMS With DEC

To: Robert Alan Byer <byer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problem Compiling Client Under OpenVMS With DEC C.
From: Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:16:27 -0500

Robert Alan Byer wrote:

alternately, a quicker method would be to put something like:

#ifndef FC__ATTRIBUTE_H
#error
#endif

at around line 33 of client/attribute.c

Well, I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out how to best handle this problem, hopefully it will get resolved soon so I can test out the civclient on OpenVMS and submit any changes.

What happens if you put those three lines in client/attribute.c, line 33 (or somewhere below '#include "attribute.h"')? If Mike's suspicion is correct (which I think it is), the #error directive should cause a compile error.

If this is the problem, it should be easily fixed.

jason