Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA failed assertion caused by Freight (PR#1684)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA failed assertion caused by Freight (PR#1684)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:18:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> You have to decide at which events the CM will be activated. The
> client side is activated at every city change. If you do the same for
> the server the above is unnecessary.

CM in the server will replace auto_arrange_workers(). It should not
activate every time the city is changed, only when it makes sense (eg city
grows). In the above situation, I believe setting the worker back where it
was displaced from would be a better solution. It will not be optimal (if
a city is sorrounded by enemies, it will starve unless attended to), but
the server should not be in the business of giving players/AIs optimal
settings, only sensible settings that the least interfere with player/AI
choices.

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra