Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 'bug' in mapgen.c (missing forests)

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 'bug' in mapgen.c (missing forests)
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:19:05 -0400

I don't much use CVS mapgen.c and consider it outdated and brain-damaged
when is it slated to be replaced :-?.

But mapgenerator1 should not ever use make_island() these are only used by
the island generators 2-4. initworld() calls make_island(0,0,pstate) which
resets all the values below in this case (but of course is not used by gen1).

So I don't think this is the problem.

If you can, check the struct map parameters like forestsize to see if the
known breakage in adjust_terrain_params() is at fault. You should be able
to replace this routine with the version fixed in the corecleanups if so.

Next time I build a CVS version with civworld, I'll poke around myself,
but the above hints might be something quick to try while you are waiting.

Cheers,
RossW
=====