Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: irc summary

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: irc summary
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:14:19 +0200

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 11:48:36AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Reinier Post wrote:
> > I doubt it is a good idea.If I understand correctly,
> > it would mean that units with 0 < something < 1 moves left would
> > always get to execute a move. That really makes a difference in battle.

Right, but it would be better than now. When moving i don't know if the unit is
moving to the tile or not. With goto it works sometimes without not.

> > Changing things like this without announcing is typical of Freeciv.
> > I think it would be good to consult experienced players like Pille.
>
> So where should we announce it? Eg are the players you want us to consult
> subscribed to freeciv mail list? Do they read the web board?

I don't know where you should announce it. I#M subscribed on the lists but for
me its to much traffic to read all the mails.

Yours
Thomas (playername Pille)
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nur weil das Aufzeichnen, Kopieren und Schnüffeln bei elektronischem