Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: irc summary

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: irc summary
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:34:17 +0200

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 09:08:21AM -0500, Anthony J. Stuckey wrote:

>       Since *EVERYBODY* seems to agree that the partial-movement-points-fails
> patch is a good idea, I think the issue of absolute compatbility is already
> settled as a no.

I doubt it is a good idea.  If I understand correctly,
it would mean that units with 0 < something < 1 moves left would
always get to execute a move.   That really makes a difference in battle.

Changing things like this without announcing is typical of Freeciv.
I think it would be good to consult experienced players like Pille.

--
Reinier