Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: No info on government type (PR#1687)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: No info on government type (PR#1687)
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:03:05 +0100

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 11:57:08AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> (Also, moving govt choice to revolution dialog makes it easier to make
> rulesets without anarchy, like FreecivAC requires, for one. Each
> government could have eg a field indicating the length of anarchy to reach
> that government type, which could be set to zero.)

        Actually, I wrote some code for FreecivAC to do this once,
although it wasn't as general as this; it just replaced the current
hard-coded "between 1 and 5 turns of anarchy" with a ruleset-specified
"between 1 and N turns", and for SMAC we just set N to zero. We don't
use this any more though, as we handle SMAC governments differently to
normal Civ ones, bypassing the normal revolution handling.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"I know the truth is in between the 1st and 40th drink"