Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Clean Up and Reclassification proposal for the open bu

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Clean Up and Reclassification proposal for the open bug class in Jitterbug
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 21:12:22 +0200

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 06:46:15PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 07:27:58PM +0200, Davide Pagnin wrote:
> > > So here it is a proposal as a resume table with some comment and some
> > > developer assigned to the various bugs.
> > >
> > > http://www.sssup.it/~pagnin/open-bug-resume.html
>
> Nice. But, we _really_ need a better bugtracker. Anyone know about one
> that would fit our needs (more features than jitterbug but not as horrid
> as bugzilla)? For instance, there should be a way (easy way) to assign
> issues to a person and filter issues for that person. Attachments are
> handled poorly. Etc.

It would be nice but bugzilla is a lot of work (installing and
customization) and I also don't know other systems. To be honest
freeciv was the first time I used jitterbug.

> > I support the creation of the following folders:
> >
> > ai
> > data
> > build-system
> >
> > client-general
> > client-gtk
> > client-gtk2
> > client-win32
> > client-xaw
> >
> > metaserver
> > security
> > server-side (maybe just server)
>
> First off, we should delete the following folders:
>
> beta-open               replaced by known-bugs
> patches-deferred        not used
> mac                     not used
> jitterbug               not used
> www                     not used
> open                  split up

Yes.

> Also, we should create these:
>
> TODO                    new, generates TODO file, linked by "Suggestions"
> known-bugs              new, generates BUGS file, linked by "Known Bugs"
>
> A script can be used to generate the files from the buglist.

First show us the script.

> I hold no strong opinions on what folders we should have for bugs, but
> Raimar's suggestion I think is too many. How about:
>
> bugs_server
> bugs_ai
> bugs_client
> bugs_general

> bugs_gtk

bugs_client_gtk
bugs_client_gtk2

> bugs_windows

bugs_client_windows

We should definitely have folders for the different client types. They
serve as a way to default assign the bugs to persons since we don't
have this feature in jitterbug.

> Security, data and build system are so rare they can be filed under the
> above. Build system is usually connected to a feature in either client or
> server anyway. IMHO.

"data" for rulesets, tilesets and so on is worth the folder. IMHO also
build-system should be created. There my be now not be many issues
open for build-system but all the gettext bugs would be there.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  The trick is to keep breathing.