Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Clean Up and Reclassification proposal for the open bu

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Clean Up and Reclassification proposal for the open bug class in Jitterbug
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:01:49 -0500

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 07:50:44PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 07:27:58PM +0200, Davide Pagnin wrote:
> >     Hi all!
> >
> > Having more than 130 bugs open seems a little bit scaring, from the
> > point of view of the final user/gamer, so perhaps the jitterbug database
> > needs a twist to be more useful and user friendly, and also hopefully it
> > will be easier to find if the new discovered bug is already known!
> >
> > So here it is a proposal as a resume table with some comment and some
> > developer assigned to the various bugs.
> >
> > http://www.sssup.it/~pagnin/open-bug-resume.html
> >
> > Hopefully my job has been useful...
>
> I support the creation of the following folders:
>
> ai
> data
> build-system
>
> client-general
> client-gtk
> client-gtk2
> client-win32
> client-xaw
>
> metaserver
> security
> server-side (maybe just server)

there are several early open bugs that are most likely GTK+ library bugs.
We're not going to fix them, they shouldn't be moved to a future client-gtk
folder, we probably should have an "unfixable" category.

I think what you did was useful.

BTW: for Reiner: while the mailing list was down I committed the fix/free
patch. (I took the liberty of doing a bit of renaming, so now it's
fix/unfix)

-mike