Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Clean Up and Reclassification proposal for the open bu

To: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Clean Up and Reclassification proposal for the open bug class in Jitterbug
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 18:46:15 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 07:27:58PM +0200, Davide Pagnin wrote:
> > So here it is a proposal as a resume table with some comment and some
> > developer assigned to the various bugs.
> >
> > http://www.sssup.it/~pagnin/open-bug-resume.html

Nice. But, we _really_ need a better bugtracker. Anyone know about one
that would fit our needs (more features than jitterbug but not as horrid
as bugzilla)? For instance, there should be a way (easy way) to assign
issues to a person and filter issues for that person. Attachments are
handled poorly. Etc.

> I support the creation of the following folders:
>
> ai
> data
> build-system
>
> client-general
> client-gtk
> client-gtk2
> client-win32
> client-xaw
>
> metaserver
> security
> server-side (maybe just server)

First off, we should delete the following folders:

beta-open               replaced by known-bugs
patches-deferred        not used
mac                     not used
jitterbug               not used
www                     not used
open                    split up

Also, we should create these:

TODO                    new, generates TODO file, linked by "Suggestions"
known-bugs              new, generates BUGS file, linked by "Known Bugs"

A script can be used to generate the files from the buglist.

I hold no strong opinions on what folders we should have for bugs, but
Raimar's suggestion I think is too many. How about:

bugs_server
bugs_ai
bugs_client
bugs_general
bugs_gtk
bugs_windows

Security, data and build system are so rare they can be filed under the
above. Build system is usually connected to a feature in either client or
server anyway. IMHO.

Yours
Per