Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Wishlist] Wells (PR#1726)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Wishlist] Wells (PR#1726)
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:45:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 10:20:29AM -0500, Anthony J. Stuckey wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 03:19:12PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > Lakes, hmm? Yes, let's do it with lakes! Lakes to be defined as one-tile
> > oceans randomly placed on bigger islands? Can we tweak the map generator
> > to create them?
>
>       *Can*, yes.  It would be similar to the current loop to remove tiny
> islands.  Just poke a lake somewhere, and move the land tile that was
> formerly there to some other coastal ocean spot.

Ok. Proposal:

- A new server option "lakes" Min: 0 Max: 4 Default: 0

- A setting lakes > 0 tweaks the map generator to produce more lakes
  within islands than now. Each island gets "lakes" percent additional
  tiles of type "ocean" inmidst. Lakes that can't be placed so that they
  are single are ignored.

- No additional rules.

Comments? Flames?

>       It'll get somewhat more interesting if we ever implement SMAC-style
> maps with explicit height information.

Yes, why not.

Christian

--