Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: gettext remark

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: gettext remark
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 09:57:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Christian Knoke wrote:
> + checking for msgfmt >= 0.10.38 ... found 0.10.37, not ok !
>
> I have a fairly new system, Suse 7.3 !
>
> Also, --with-included-gettext does not help me out of that.
>
> Besides this, it compiles fine, probably because it uses
> old Makefiles. And L10n is fine, AFAICS, too!

I don't know what version is required, but some of that plurals stuff
requires pretty recent gettext version I think.

> But when I do --with-xaw3d --disable-nls, I never get
> back to GTK after this :-(

That would a bug. If you do

        ./autogen.sh --enable-client=gtk

or just

        ./autogen.sh

and you have gtk installed properly, then it should default back to gtk
and build that instead. Did you try that? Just running the latter on
./configure may not be enough since it may cache some stuff from your last
run.

Yours
Per