[Freeciv-Dev] Very simple opengl map renderer

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Very simple opengl map renderer
From: "Baumans" <baumans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:51:12 -0400

For my own amusement, I decided to make an opengl renderer for freeciv maps.
It isn't very pretty, or full-featured, or fast, but it's a start.  It
requires that the maps have a separate terrain type for the rivers(at least
if you want to see them).  The camera controls are very simple: move around
to different areas of the map with arrow keys.  One problem I've noticed is
that if you don't move around for a few seconds it has an odd tendency to
lock up.
    The program requires opengl (of course), and glpng:
http://www.wyatt100.freeserve.co.uk/download.htm . Just make then program,
and run it with an ungzipped .sav file as the only argument.  It should
display a window showing what's on the map at the current location.