[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Building Freeciv with native /bin/cc under Tru64 Unix

To: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Building Freeciv with native /bin/cc under Tru64 Unix
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:38:32 +0100

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 01:54:26AM +0200, Davide Pagnin wrote:
> I'm trying to compile freeciv with the native C compiler of
> Tru64 Unix.

        Well, as a data point I can report that it compiles and runs on a
Linux Alpha system when using ccc (the Tru64 compiler) rather than gcc.

> DIVISION BY ZERO
> cc: Warning: tilespec.c, line 1239: In the initializer
> for dirs[1][0], division by zero occurs in evaluating the
> expression "(DIR8_SOUTHEAST)/0". (zerodiv)

        I also get this warning. (Looks like I get the various other problems
with pointers, too.) Compilation does succeed though - no error. It
seems a bit dubious to be dividing by zero though!

> And, for concluding, I've noticed that in the file common/player.h
> there is a comma after the H_FOG handicap_type, perhaps it
> may be wiped out?

Yes; also in client/gui-gtk/menu.c. See attached patch.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have