[Freeciv-Dev] Building Freeciv with native /bin/cc under Tru64 Unix

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Building Freeciv with native /bin/cc under Tru64 Unix
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 01:54:26 +0200

        Hi All!,
I'm trying to compile freeciv with the native C compiler of
Tru64 Unix.
I've sent my complete environment  with a message some days ago.

This is the first try:

setenv CC /bin/cc
setenv CPPFLAGS -I/usr/local/include
setenv LDFLAGS -L/usr/local/lib
./autogen.sh --disable-nls --disable-cvs-deps --enable-client=xaw
--with-xaw3d

The output of this command, is in the autogen-output attachment.

Then I've tried the /bin/make command, that is unsuccessful
with some problems with  .deps directories, even if I've
chosen to diable cvs deps in the autogen script shell.

The output of this command, is in the make-output attachment

Then I've tried the /usr/local/bin/gmake command, but the
compilation failed, with an error when preprocessing the
file /client/tilespec.c, it seems that there are problems
with the evaluation at compile time of the DIR_CW and DIR_CCW
macros, any ideas?

The output of this command, is in the gmake-output.bz2 attachment

As a side note, there are also a bunch of Warnings,
that can be subdivided in 4 types:

POINTER MISMATCH
cc: Warning: citydlg.c, line 505: In this statement,
the referenced type of the pointer value "cityicon_bits"
is "unsigned char", which is not compatible with "const char"
because they differ by signed/unsigned attribute. (ptrmismatch1)

POINTER MISMATCH
cc: Warning: connectdlg.c, line 334: In this statement,
the referenced type of the pointer value "try_to_autoconnect"
is "function () returning void", which is not compatible with
"function (pointer to void, pointer to unsigned long)
returning void". (ptrmismatch)

UNDEFINED ENUM
cc: Warning: climisc.h, line 45: In this declaration,
the enum "known_type" is not defined. (undefenum)

DIVISION BY ZERO
cc: Warning: tilespec.c, line 1239: In the initializer
for dirs[1][0], division by zero occurs in evaluating the
expression "(DIR8_SOUTHEAST)/0". (zerodiv)

And these are the Errors:

cc: Error: tilespec.c, line 1237: In the initializer for
dirs[0][0], the libraries on this platform do not yet support
compile-time evaluation of the constant expression
"(DIR8_NORTHWEST)/0". (constfoldns)

cc: Error: tilespec.c, line 1237: In the initializer for
dirs[0][2], the libraries on this platform do not yet support
compile-time evaluation of the constant expression
"(DIR8_NORTHWEST)/0". (constfoldns)

And, for concluding, I've noticed that in the file common/player.h
there is a comma after the H_FOG handicap_type, perhaps it
may be wiped out?

Let me know your comment/ideas/suggestion on this.

        Ciao, Davide
+ nls checks disabled
+ checking for autoconf >= 2.52 ... found 2.13, not ok !
+ checking for autoconf >= 2.13 ... found 2.13, ok.
+ checking for automake >= 1.4 ... found 1.4, ok.
+ creating acinclude.m4
+ running aclocal ...
+ running autoheader ...
+ running autoconf ...
+ running automake ...
+ removing config.cache ...
+ running configure ...

using:  --disable-nls --disable-cvs-deps --enable-client=xaw --with-xaw3d

creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... /bin/cc
checking whether the C compiler (/bin/cc  -L/usr/local/lib) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (/bin/cc  -L/usr/local/lib) is a
cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking whether /bin/cc accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /bin/cc -E
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for uname... uname
checking host system type... alphaev56-dec-osf5.1
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for working const... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for off_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for working mmap... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU C Library 2.1 or newer... no
checking for argz.h... no
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking for nl_types.h... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for stddef.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for feof_unlocked... no
checking for fgets_unlocked... no
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for getegid... yes
checking for geteuid... yes
checking for getgid... yes
checking for getuid... yes
checking for mempcpy... no
checking for munmap... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for setenv... yes
checking for setlocale... yes
checking for stpcpy... no
checking for strchr... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strtoul... yes
checking for tsearch... yes
checking for __argz_count... no
checking for __argz_stringify... no
checking for __argz_next... no
checking for iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft,
char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... yes
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking whether NLS is requested... no
checking for bison... bison
checking version of bison... 1.28, ok
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for X... libraries , headers
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... yes
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking whether Xfuncproto was supplied... no, found:
checking for Xfuncproto control definition FUNCPROTO... no
checking for Xfuncproto control definition NARROWPROTO... no
checking extra paths for Xpm... library /usr/local/lib, include
/usr/local/include
checking for XOpenDisplay in X library -lX11... yes
checking for XShapeCombineMask in X library -lXext... yes
checking for main in X library -lXt... yes
checking for main in X library -lXmu... yes
checking for XpmReadFileToPixmap in X library -lXpm... yes
checking for main in X library -lXaw3d... yes
checking for esd-config... /usr/local/bin/esd-config
checking for ESD - version >= 0.0.20... yes
checking building ESOUND support... yes
checking target system type... alphaev56-dec-osf5.1
checking for sdl-config... no
checking for SDL - version >= 1.0.0... no
*** The sdl-config script installed by SDL could not be found
*** If SDL was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the SDL_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to sdl-config.
./configure: SDL: not found
checking for SDL/SDL_mixer.h... no
checking for Mix_OpenAudio in -lSDL_mixer... no
checking building SDL_mixer support... no, install SDL_mixer first:
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/index.html
checking for gethostbyname... (cached) yes
checking for connect... (cached) yes
checking for readline/readline.h... yes
checking for completion_matches in -lreadline... no
checking for rl_completion_matches in -lreadline... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... yes
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... yes
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... yes
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
checking for filename_completion_function in -lreadline... yes
configure: warning: I had to manually add -lcurses dependency to
make readline library pass the test.
checking for rl_filename_completion_function in -lreadline... no
checking whether readline works at runtime... _ yes
checking for pow... no
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for main in -lnls... no
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for gzgets in -lz... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/utsname.h... yes
checking for arpa/inet.h... yes
checking for netdb.h... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking for sys/signal.h... yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking for sys/termio.h... yes
checking for sys/uio.h... yes
checking for termios.h... yes
checking for X11/xpm.h... yes
checking for working const... (cached) yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking for working strcoll... yes
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for working vsnprintf... no
checking for fileno... yes
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for getpwuid... yes
checking for gettimeofday... yes
checking for inet_aton... yes
checking for select... yes
checking for snooze... no
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for strlcat... no
checking for strlcpy... no
checking for strstr... yes
checking for usleep... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for uname... yes
checking for fdopen... yes
checking for fcntl... yes
checking for SIGPIPE... yes
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating data/Makefile
creating data/misc/Makefile
creating data/isotrident/Makefile
creating data/trident/Makefile
creating data/default/Makefile
creating data/civ1/Makefile
creating data/civ2/Makefile
creating data/scenario/Makefile
creating data/nation/Makefile
creating common/Makefile
creating ai/Makefile
creating client/Makefile
creating client/agents/Makefile
creating client/include/Makefile
creating client/gui-gtk/Makefile
creating client/gui-gtk-2.0/Makefile
creating client/gui-xaw/Makefile
creating client/gui-win32/Makefile
creating client/gui-stub/Makefile
creating server/Makefile
creating intl/Makefile
creating po/Makefile.in
creating doc/Makefile
creating undep.sh
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged
creating po/POTFILES
creating po/Makefile
extending po/Makefile
silencing po/Makefile
modifying po/Makefile msgmerge
modifying po/Makefile add-comments/escape
removing cvs-deps from common/Makefile
removing cvs-deps from ai/Makefile
removing cvs-deps from server/Makefile
removing cvs-deps from client/Makefile
removing cvs-deps from client/agents/Makefile
removing cvs-deps from client/gui-xaw/Makefile

Now type 'make' to compile freeciv.
No suffix list.
make  all-recursive
No suffix list.
Making all in data
No suffix list.
Making all in misc
No suffix list.
Making all in isotrident
No suffix list.
Making all in trident
No suffix list.
Making all in default
No suffix list.
Making all in civ1
No suffix list.
Making all in civ2
No suffix list.
Making all in scenario
No suffix list.
Making all in nation
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
Making all in intl
Making all in common
/bin/cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../intl  -I/usr/local/include  -g -c
astring.c
/bin/cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../intl  -I/usr/local/include  -g -M
astring.c > .deps/astring.pp;  /bin/cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../intl
-I/usr/local/include  -g -c astring.c
sh: .deps/astring.pp: cannot create
*** Exit 1
Stop.