[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Client continuously pops up connection dialogs (PR#147

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Kenn Munro <kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Client continuously pops up connection dialogs (PR#1478)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 23:29:45 +0200

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 09:45:43PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 12:05:28PM -0400, Kenn Munro wrote:
> > Yes.. that patch fixes the client loop.  It exits peacefully with:
> >
> > 2: lost connection to server
> > civclient: cma_core.c:582: get_current_as_result: Assertion `worker +
> > result->entertainers + result->scientists + result->taxmen ==
> > pcity->size' failed.
> > Aborted
> >
> > Thanks...
> >

> I'll let Raimar attempt to tackle the cma_core stuff.

Mhh. You are too fast ;) The agents doesn't get enough time to do the
calculations, you press turn done and the agents get flooded with new
data -> inconsistency and an assert blows off.

How to fix it? Easiest would be to drop the turn done button press if
the agents aren't finished. However this is bad. Better would be to
disable the turn done button if the agents work.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 checking for the vaidity of the Maxwell laws on this machine... ok