[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Client continuously pops up connection dialogs (PR#147

To: Kenn Munro <kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Client continuously pops up connection dialogs (PR#1478)
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 21:45:43 -0500

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 12:05:28PM -0400, Kenn Munro wrote:
> Yes.. that patch fixes the client loop.  It exits peacefully with:
>
> 2: lost connection to server
> civclient: cma_core.c:582: get_current_as_result: Assertion `worker +
> result->entertainers + result->scientists + result->taxmen ==
> pcity->size' failed.
> Aborted
>
> Thanks...

I'll let Raimar attempt to tackle the cma_core stuff.
I tracked down the server crash. eek.
Problem was that research was not updated before unfog was done during game
load. So the dude in the fortress/watchtower didn't get extended vision,
but when he got killed, we tried to take away the vision he didn't have:
boom.

As an aside, I really think the use of unsigned short for seen and own_seen
is a really horrible idea. 32000 sight points is enough, and this hides
bugs.

I'll apply this and the clinet patch tonight.

-mike