[Freeciv-Dev] Re: server support readline version 4.2 or greater

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: server support readline version 4.2 or greater
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:43:21 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > Not really. I don't know readline at all. I keep hearing that the autoconf
> > 2.52 stuff does more good than harm to most people... but maybe we should
> > add an --option to disable using 2.52 in autogen.sh, for those who have
> > both.
>
> And defaulting to the old version also isn't the best in all cases!?
> Uhmm. Yes an option sounds nice.

Patch attached that
 - adds an option --disable-autoconf2.52 to autogen.sh, so that you can
   use autoconf2.13 instead, if you want to and you have it
 - restores source sanity once autogen.sh is done, so that files don't
   change names permanently (annoying when making diffs)

Yours,
Per

"As Israeli forces pursued militants, civilians
continued getting in the way and dying as a
result." -- New York Times, April 21