[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 100% Civ II Compliance - still a developmentgoal?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 100% Civ II Compliance - still a developmentgoal?
From: thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 21:08:58 +0200

Haven't used the mailing list in awhile. Hope this shows up
correctly...
> > - Lack of some improvement (Solar plant) > > Why it this not  >available in
> > civ2 ruleset? Patch for fixing this wanted. All it would >seem to call for
> > is a building with most of the same flags as other >powerplants but lacking
> > the flag that says to create pollution. Thus >it is simply waiting
for the generic building configuration mods. >BB MM

I would like to add that Solarpower plants will also REDUCE the
effects of global warming Civ2. If I remember correctly in Civ2
global warming is calculated on the basis of polluted tiles. One solar
powerplant will neutralize one half of a polluted field. So if there
are 7 polluted tiles within your border and you have 4 solar plants
(4*0,5=2) the total pollution effect towards global warming will be
reduced to (7-2) =5
Thomas