[Freeciv-Dev] bug in nation selection dialog

To: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] bug in nation selection dialog
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 22:58:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi there,

The attached patch adresses a very old (and very anoying)
bug/misbehauvior:

When the game starts, the newbie player usualy chooses
a name first, then selects a nation - which overrides
the already choosen name by a default leader name. In
4 out of 5 cases the newbie clicks "ok" because he
did not notice the "name change". I have seen even
experienced players cursing about this "feature".

The patch attached to this email corrects this for
the gtk-client:

A default leader name is only used if the user has not
choosen a "unique" name (that doesnt appear in the old
leader-name-list) already. I tested it so hopefuly it
is bug-free.

In my eyes this is a bug, so it should go in before
the next final version comes out. But this is not mine
to decide ;)

Ingo aka ChaosE

PS: I am not on the mailing lists currently, so please
    reply to me directly if you have comments/corrections.