[Freeciv-Dev] do I need human opponents? (was: that's a bug ! :-)) (PR#1

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] do I need human opponents? (was: that's a bug ! :-)) (PR#1449)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:20:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 06:10:38AM -0700, chrys wrote:
> hi there !
> well, u may not consider it as a big , but to me it is : i just can't
> find any explanation in the basic download of how to play on ur own
> without being dreadly humiliated by skilled players just because
> multiplayer seems to be the only option avalaible !!!

I agree, this looks like a documentation oversight.

The README explains how to add AI players and start the game, but
it doesn't explicitly mention the fact that human opponents are
not required.  You aren't the first or last person to ask.
I've added a FAQ entry.

It would be helpful if the README mentioned this; it would also
be helpful if in its mention of www.freeciv.org it would urge
the user to check out at least its manuals and its FAQ.

--
Reinier