[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wonder obsolesence across games (PR#1434)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wonder obsolesence across games (PR#1434)
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:26:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 09:02:47AM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> I didn't look too hard, but the symptom is easy enough to see: without your
> patch connect and disconnect to a running game and watch civclient's memory
> usage go up, both in gtk and xaw (though xaw doesn't go up as much)
> the map frees, yes, but I don't believe the player maps are freed if I
> recall, and I don't believe that most of the linked lists get freed, at
> least not explicitly. (what seems to change with the game_init() is the
> gen-impr vectors...)

        Well, I can't speak for the player maps, lists, etc. but you're
right about the impr-gen vectors. The World- and Island-range vectors
are not freed properly. Sorry. ;) See attached patch, which fixes this.

        With reference to the original problem, I believe this is because
player_init is not being called when it should be. See second attached patch;
it seems to do the trick for me.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"Excellent!" I [Dr Watson] cried. "Elementary," said he [Holmes].