[Freeciv-Dev] worker allocation bug

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] worker allocation bug
From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:00:57 -0700

Greetings.

I've got the worker allocation doing something strange.  A size-one city
is choosing to allocate its worker to forest, when grassland and
forest+river are both available.  Upon increasing to size-two, it puts
both in forest, thereby halting the city's growth.  Shouldn't it prefer
to allocate to forest+river every time over forest?  And shouldn't it go
for grassland over forest, if forest will halt growth at size one or
two?

Sorry I can't be more specific in terms of locating the bug, but I
haven't really looked at the source files all that much.

I'm running yesterday's CVS with Per's autoconf2.52 patch, on Linux 2.4.17.

I've put a savegame at
ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/civgame+0360m.sav.gz if anyone
wants to see.  The city in question is Smolensk, player tkinias =
Russians.

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul