[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compilation Problems

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compilation Problems
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:17:07 +0200 (MEST)

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Reinier Post wrote:
> Yes.  But the purpose of aclocal is to generate tests for whether
> or not these packages are present on the system.  I don't think
> persons without X should be required to have X just because the test
> whether X is included requires the presence of X.

Right. That's why I wanted all all required .m4 macros to be included in
the freeciv/m4/ directory, and not just looked for in
/usr/(local/)share/aclocal.

The problem isn't aclocal, but macro files that are missing from cvs.

Yours,
Per

Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason."
 -- Sir John Harrington (1561-1612)