[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compilation Problems

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compilation Problems
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:02:16 +0200 (MEST)

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> After downloading Apr 19 CVS I got the below error messages.

> I checks disabled

Does it say exactly this or did you introduce typos here?

> aclocal: configure.in: 0: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 0: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 0: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 0: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 0: macro `AM_LC_MESSAGES' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 0: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 0: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 0: macro `AM_LC_MESSAGES' not found in library

This is very strange. What kind of OS / version do you use? These should
be in /usr/share/aclocal by default. Since they obviously aren't, I'm
attaching them to this mail. Stuff them in m4/ and try to compile again.
They should probably be distributed along with freeciv, and should be
committed to cvs too.

I've tested compilation (with patch and --disable-nls and
--enable-client=no) on my Debian testing box, on Cygwin under Windows XP,
and on a RedHat box. All three work flawlessly with the new patch.

But compilation of the client on a RedHat box gives me massive amount of
errors like this (for many different functions and files):

tilespec.o: In function `tilespec_setup_government':
/home/homeb/pe/permath/freeciv/client/tilespec.c:801: multiple definition
of `tilespec_setup_government'

Any idea for that one?

Yours,
Per

Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason."
 -- Sir John Harrington (1561-1612)